Supported by: Open Society Institute – (OSI-RIO) – Budapest
Budget: € 22000
The main objective of the project is to improve the situation of Roma in Macedonia and Roma in the region, for better implementation of the Action, the Strategy and the Roma Decade, through monitoring, advocacy and increased participation of Roma in all processes in society.
To contribute in:
- Assessment of the political developments at the national level (Roma-specific and mainstream measures)
- To assess local (municipal, micro-regional or community) impact of the government romotion of the integration of Roma.
- To identify case studies why and to what extent certain government measures have been successful or not.
- To formulate recommendations on how to improve the implementation of the Strategy and Action plans, including reflections on domestic monitoring, develop tools to support national trtegy and Action plans.
- Dsimination of findings and informing decision makers and stakeholders.
- Positive changes or better implementation of the Decade of Roma in Macedonia (such as increasing the budget, proactive stakeholders, new programs, etc.)
- Strengthened capacities for monitoring and advocacy among Roma activists, especially those involved in the project.
- Creating a national database of monitoring the general resources of the Decade of Roma, as well as contributing to monitoring and advocacy.
- Local Roma communities involved in the monitoring and exchange of information.
- Methodology Workshop
- Field Data Collection
- Data‐base and Analysis
- National Monitoring Report
- Local Community Feedback
- National Advocacy Meeting
- Monitoring Team Strenghtening
- Horizontal Learning Meetings
- Monitoring Team Training
Project duration: November 2012 – March 2013